ALAW, an established, multi-state real estate and creditors’ rights law firm, is expanding to California and seeking a qualified bankruptcy attorney to support its Los Angeles area practices. This position offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, signing bonus, and a full benefits package.
- Representation of secured creditors in federal bankruptcy courts in the state of California, by performing tasks including, but not limited to the following: drafting motions for relief from the automatic stay, preparing and defending secured creditor proofs of claims, defending motions to value, and drafting any other pleadings to protect the interests of the secured creditor during the bankruptcy process.
- Attend hearings, trials, settlement conferences, mediations, and any other appearances that may be required.
- Certify and ensure that the Firm’s systems of record are updated timely and accurately to thoroughly archive important dates, communications, milestones, and results.
- Work collaboratively with attorneys, support staff, and other firm members in connection with the firm’s bankruptcy practice.
- Have a minimum 1-2 years of experience in Bankruptcy.
- Must be admitted (and in good standing) to practice in the federal bankruptcy courts in California.
- Familiarity with, and ability to file pleadings in all California bankruptcy courts.
- Responsible for ensuring legal compliance in managed areas.
- Ability to work independently; handle a large caseload; and work in an accurate, detail-oriented, and highly productive manner.
- Must value reputation and proactively develop relationships in the industry to be viewed as a trusted partner and advisor by both clients and colleagues.