ALAW’s Litigation Department is comprised of attorneys and support staff whose collective experience allow the Department to effectively and efficiently meet our clients’ litigation needs. As a result of their substantial trial experience in the state and federal court systems, the firm’s lawyers are able to aggressively advance our clients’ interests in such diverse areas as: foreclosure, bankruptcy, consumer and commercial debt collection, judgment execution and enforcement, code enforcement, lien mitigation, eminent domain, condemnation, and a multitude of other scenarios that our corporate clients routinely face. For clients in the construction and real estate development industries, the Department offers expertise in zoning, property tax appeals, condominium law, lien law, design professional representation, and general construction defect litigation.
ALAW’s Litigation Practice Group counsels loan servicers, lenders, originators and investors through various types of commercial and residential real estate finance-related litigation. With more than twenty years of litigation experience in state and federal court and a dedicated team of attorneys with the expertise to handle complex disputes, ALAW is well-equipped to provide exceptional, cost-effective representation.
ALAW employs a strategic, business-minded approach to proactively help clients achieve their objectives before and during litigation. The Firm’s attorneys are committed to providing the highest quality legal representation by being accessible, responsive and knowledgeable. Through collaboration with the Firm’s other practice groups, ALAW’s litigation attorneys are able to draw on the collective expertise of the Firm to offer innovative solutions.
ALAW practices in all federal and state courts in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and the U.S. Virgin Islands, and ALAW’s litigation attorneys are experienced at navigating every level of the court system.
ALAW’s Litigation Group practices in the following areas:
- General and Complex Litigation
- Bankruptcy, including Adversarial Proceedings
- Appellate Practice
- Homeowners’ and Condominium Association Disputes, including Florida Estoppel
- Mortgage Fraud
- Eminent Domain
- Regulatory Compliance (TILA, RESPA, FDCPA, HAMP, QWR, CFPB, etc.)
- Title Insurance Claims, Title Curative and Quiet Title
- Reformation and Declaratory Actions
- Contract and Agency Disputes
- Equitable Subrogation
- Boundary and Survey Disputes
- Trespass, Ejectment, Encroachment, and Private Way Claims
- Premises Liability Claims
- Confirmation of Foreclosure Sales/Deficiency Actions
- Municipal and County Disputes
- Code and Covenant Enforcement
- Suits on Notes
- Tax Sales (Redemption, Excess Proceeds, and related litigation)